|The International Relations Institute of Cambodia (IRIC) is honored and proud to have Prof. Dr. Caitlin Byrne, Director of Griffith Asia Institute (GAI) and a Faculty Fellow of the University of Southern California’s Centre for Public Diplomacy (CPD), in the International Advisory Board (IAB) of IRIC.Prof. Dr. Caitlin’s research is focused on Australian foreign policy and diplomacy. She has a special interest in the role of soft power and public diplomacy in developing Australia’s influence, relationships and reputation in the Asia Pacific region. Her research is published in various journals including the Australian Journal of International Affairs, the Australian Journal of Politics and History, Politics & Policy, and The Hague Journal of Diplomacy.
Recent consultancies include the development of the Australian Government’s sports diplomacy strategy – Sports Diplomacy 2030; training needs analysis for Australia’s Diplomatic Academy, and the development of the Australian Government’s Global Alumni Engagement Strategy.
Prior to joining academia, Prof. Dr. Caitlin had established a professional career spanning strategic management, foreign and social policy roles across government, business and community sectors. Career highlights include roles with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (1993-2001), Queensland Government’s Office for Women (2003-2005), arts Mildura (2006-08) and Queensland Department of Communities (2009-10).
Today, Prof. Dr. Caitlin is deeply engaged in Queensland’s international policy community, including as a member of the Australian Institute of International Affairs (AIIA) Queensland Executive, the Fulbright Scholarship Selection Committee for Queensland, and the National Reference Board of ACICIS Study Indonesia.
Her professionalism, expertise, profound knowledge, extensive experiences, and academic credit and prestige would greatly contribute to the success of our IRIC.
Our IAB’s first membership included:
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Rüland, Professor of Political Science of Department of Political Science of University of Freiburg, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Victor Sumsky, Director of ASEAN Centre in MGIMO University, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, Russia
- Prof. Dr. Caitlin Byrne, Director of Griffith Asia Institute, Griffith University, Australia
- Prof. Dr. Yeonsik Jeong, Ph.D. in Political Science, Professor of Faculty of International Relations of the Changwon National University of the Republic of Korea, and President of the Korean Association of Southeast Asian Studies, South Korea
- Prof. Dr. Bradley J. Murg, Professor of Political Science and Director of Global Development Studies at Seattle Pacific University, and Affiliate Professor at the Jackson School of International Studies at the University of Washington , USA
- Mr. Brian Eyler, Senior Fellow and Director of Stimson’s Southeast Asia program of the Stimson Center, USA
- Prof. Dr. See Seng Tan, President/CEO-Elect, International Students Inc. (ISI), USA, and Professor of International Relations, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Prof. Dr. Nguyen Huy Hoang, Director General and Senior Researcher of Institute for Southeast Asian Studies, Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences, Vietnam
- Prof. Dr. Fabio Indeo, Senior Analyst of NATO Defense College Foundation, Italy
- Prof. Liao Ran, Director for Development and Resources at Your Public Value, Germany and Professor at the Law School of Hunan University, China
- Prof. Dr. TAKAHASHI Akio, Professor at Department of South Asian Studies, Institute of Advanced Studies on Asia, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Mr. Love Englund, Owner/CEO of The Room Design Studio (Architecture) in Cambodia, Owner/Director of Muraya (Construction) in China and Owner/Director of Morakot Micro Finance in Myanmar, Sweden
- Prof. Dr. GU Jiayun, Vice Dean of School of Asian and African Studies and Director of Khmer Study Centre, Beijing Foreign Studies University, China
- Prof. Dr. Xie Zheping, Associate Professor of Institute of Education, Tsinghua University, China
Our most sincere gratitude to all renowned international scholars and experts for being part of our IAB.