Recently the International Relations Institute of Cambodia “IRIC” has just established an International Advisory Board (IAB) to ensure the institute leadership’s ready access to diverse input and ideas from the international academic circle during scheduled consultations. It is intended that this input, advice, and guidance will assist and support IRIC in its quest for the best quality of academic researches and policy consultation and international recognition.
IRIC has undertaken substantial transformational steps to establish partnerships and cooperation with national and international research institutions and think-tanks in order to enhance and improve its researches, academic profile and status. In pursuit of achieving a substantive leap forward of quality in levels of performance in academic research and policy consultation, IRIC established an IAB in August 2019. It was constituted to enable IRIC to benefit from the experience of internationally acclaimed intellectual pioneers in think-tanks and research institutions who have made significant contributions to the academic research and policy recommendation.
IAB will represent a major driving force that will guide IRIC towards consolidating the cohesion and consistency of all its subsystems for optimum performance. To ensure that IRIC receives a diversity of perspectives of ideas and views, the advisory board represents, not only a variety of disciplines, but also an extensive range of cultural backgrounds.
It’s worthy noting that IRIC was established in 2006 as think-tank of the Council of Ministers of Cambodia, under the umbrella of the Royal Academy of Cambodia. According to its mission statement, IRIC devoted to research, fact-finding, evaluation and recommendations. IRIC focuses on issues affecting Cambodian foreign policy, development and welfare of Cambodian society, regional and global issues and international relations.
IRIC has carefully selected the IAB members to include an array of eminent authoritative figures from international research institutions and think-tanks, who are renowned for their achievements and internationally recognized contributions in their respective fields.
The members of the IAB shall be appointed for the period of three years and can be reappointed. Up to now, the IAB’s first membership included, but not limited:
– Prof. Dr. Jürgen Rüland, Professor of Political Science of Department of Political Science of University of Freiburg, Germany
– Prof. Dr. Bradley J. Murg, Professor of Political Science and Director of Global Development Studies at Seattle Pacific University, and Affiliate Professor at the Jackson School of International Studies at the University of Washington , USA
– Prof. Dr. Caitlin Byrne, Director of Griffith Asia Institute, Griffith University, Australia
– Prof. Dr. Nguyen Huy Hoang, Director General and Senior Researcher of Institute for Southeast Asian Studies, Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences, Vietnam
– Prof. Dr. Fabio Indeo, Senior Analyst of NATO Defense College Foundation, Italy
– Prof. Liao Ran, Director for Development and Resources at Your Public Value, Germany and Professor at the Law School of Hunan University, China.
IRIC makes itself ready and is eager to cooperate with the international scholars who share the same purpose to be our IAB members.
1146total visits,1visits today